Invented by World Record Masters swimmer and former ASU coaching great Ron Johnson, the Catalyst? helps improve stroke technique while building strength. Its patented keyhole design helps distribute pressure more evenly while improving water feel and reducing shoulder stress. Constructed of lightweight, injection molded, UV resistant polypropylene, the paddle has smooth edges and multi-hole strap design for custom centering on hand and comes in new, translucent, color-coded sizes.
- XXS (Trans. Orange) is for beginning swimmers
- XS (Trans. Green) is for young age groupers (8-12 years)
- S (Trans. Yellow) is for older age groupers (12+ years)/beginning masters
- M (Trans. Red) is for older high school males/Sr. National females/mid-level masters
- L (Trans. Blue) is for collegiate swimmers/Sr. National males
- XL (Trans. Smoke) is for very strong swimmers/water aerobics
- U.S. Patent No. 5,511,998